College Level Examination Program — clep.collegeboard.org
- Credit by Examination
- You can earn credit for what you already know with a qualifying score on this exam.
- Computer based test
The Office of Testing Services is a fully funded test center.
That means that military personnel may be eligible for free exams. To find out if you are eligible click here .
Registration process https://clep.collegeboard.org/earn-college-credit/military-benefits
- Register with CLEP via their website (see above). Please specify your military status during your CLEP registration. Military test takers must correctly designate themselves as DANTES funded and answer questions about their military status in order to receive DANTES funding.
- Select your test date here
- Select Military as your ticket type (Selection of the wrong ticket type will void your registration)
- Bring your Geneva Convention Identification Card ID on test day. More information can be found here
- You must choose “Yes” on the DANTES funded section on your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket
Things to Remember
- Fees are waived for the first attempt per subject
- You must wait 3 months before retesting
- Only 1 exam can be administered per test date
- If you require accommodations for a CLEP exam, please contact us before registration
- Request CLEP transcripts via military channels
- Candidates who register for a CLEP exam will receive the corresponding CLEP examination guide automatically, at no cost
- CLEP examinations are offered Monday – Friday at 1:00 PM
- Registration is open until 24 hours before test date and time