There are two fees associated with the CLEP exam. Register and pay your CLEP exam fee ($90). CLEP registration tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase. Once 6 months has expired, your fee is non-refundable.
Once you have registered with CLEP, you will then need to schedule an appointment with Testing Services. Please select a test date.
- -Credit by Examination
- -You can earn credit for what you already know with a qualifying score on this exam
- -Computer based test
- -Check with your advisor and university catalog for eligibility and minimum score requirements
- -Registration is required.
- -You must wait 3 months before retesting
- -Pay the $90 test fee; to pay that fee, go to http://clep.collegeboard.org
- -Please select General Admission ticket type (from the menu on the right) with
$30.00 as your fee. Selection of the wrong ticket type will void your
- -Pay the $30 admin fee for UA at time of registration; it is nonrefundable and non-transferable
- -Only 1 exam can be administered per test date
- -A refund may only be issued if UA is closed for operation on your test date
- -Registration is open until 24 hours before test date and time
- -If you require accommodations, please contact us before you register (If you are taking the CLEP via the REMOTE OPTION, you will need to work directly with CLEP to get your accommodations approved. Our Test Center does not support the CLEP REMOTE OPTION, that is handled directly by CLEP)
- -Government issued, non-expired photo ID (Driver license or passport) required for all tests administered
- -Must report to testing location 10 to 15 minutes prior to actual test time
- -No cell phones allowed at testing location
- -All belongings brought to testing location will be stored in a secure area
- -We are a fully funded center, which means that military personnel may
be eligible free exams. Find out if you are eligible
- Eligible military members register with CLEP via their website
- Please specify your military status during your CLEP registration
- Military test takers must correctly designate themselves as DANTES
funded and answer questions about their military status in order to
receive DANTES funding
- Military test takers must bring your Geneva Convention Identification Card ID on test day
2016 CLEP Official Study Guide can be checked out at The University of Alabama Gorgas Library.